Setter / Improver
Shift: 15:00- 23:00
RWC is a family of innovative brands that transform performance and efficiency for not only plumbing and heating but a diverse range of industries including automotive, drinks, air, and pneumatics across the globe. Making lives easier is what drives us and delivers value for our customers - It’s the purpose behind every step we take. Our brands help customers deliver, control, optimise and solve in innovative, reliable, and simple ways every day.
At RWC we have positive spirit that’s at the heart of our unique company culture. With over 1000 employee’s across EMEA, Our values Simplicity, Passion, Innovation, Reliability, Integrity & Team reflect our SPIRIT of what we do and the behaviours we display of how we do it.
We excited to announce our role opening of Setter/Improver to join RWC. The role will involve co-ordinating the production activities on a shift basis, ensuring that the individual shift teams have the skills and competency to deliver business led volumes against team objectives and targets whilst maintaining HSE standards, Quality and adherence to the overall plan.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Drive behavioural based Health & Safety throughout the plant and ensure and take ownership of key actions that relate to operational safety within the department.
- Setting of all packing machines and Boxmaker. Changing over to different size bag, changing of ribbons, setting of printers, printing of labels
- Setting of Checkweigh machines and all scales.
- Ensuring paperwork is issued to the correct Production order
- Raising transfer orders, checking all information is correct before despatch
- Checking the quality and output from packing machines ensuring machine are run to the optimized speeds to the expected output.
- Control movement of work before and after completion to the next stage of the manufacturing process.
- Be involved and assist management in Incident Investigations, follow up on actions, look for route cause (five whys) analysis - ensuring that all processes are safe.
- Take part in the Daily Stand Up Meetings (DSUM) ensuring all metrics are relevant and have targets that ensure problem solving, machine utilisation, RFT, Changeover reduction, output, OTIF and near miss reporting
- Monitor and book in all incoming batches, by entering correct information onto the white boards.
- Liaise with other shifts to ensure a smooth and effective changeover.
- Improve processes by root cause analysis, establishing robust setting guides and instructions to ensure repeatability of the quality standard and changes to maximise output.
- Assist with systems introductions, processes and improvements to help execute works orders
- Train and create operation and setting procedures operators in the Company procedures and all packing requirements.
- You must have experience setting and operating bagging/production machinery
- You have experience programming machinery
- You have prior experience working within a fast paced, high volume production environment
- You have drive and determination to acquire new skills and learn new processes
Qualifications and Skills
- Mechanical engineering knowledge is desired.
- Knowledge of HSE processes and standards.
- Extensive manufacturing experience.
- Technical understanding.
- Understanding of Lean Manufacturing and understanding of continuous improvement techniques.
- Knowledge of SAP and scheduling systems.
- The chance to be part of a dynamic and collaborative team
- A competitive salary and 25 days holiday
- Flexible holiday buy/sell scheme
- Recognition and reward scheme
- Internal and external learning and development
- Subsidised Café
RWC is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. RWC celebrates diversity and employment is based solely on qualifications and competence for a particular position, without regard on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation, in any of its activities or operations. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all employees.
Your information will be kept confidential according to General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)